Last updated 6 years ago
Flashy new cars are impressive, but ultimately a poor financial investment. These auto-buying tips instruct buyers on getting the “most car” for their dollar.
Certified Pre-Owned Programs: Many dealers entice pre-owned shoppers with the advantages of a certified pre-owned program. These promising vehicles are repaired and refurbished to offer a near-new car buying experience. Despite the reduced price of certified pre-owned vehicles, many manufactures offer extended repair warranties on certified pre-owned vehicles as well. While a bit pricier than a traditional used car, the certified pre-owned experience offers a happy medium to reliability-minded car shoppers. Greater Access to Research: Availability of car history reports and Internet resources make it one of the easiest times in history to be savvy car shopper. Carfax.com reports and consumer research guides provide detailed evaluations of vehicle performance and history. Purchasing a pre-owned vehicle also reduces the new car risks of factory recalls and inconsistent fuel economy data.
- Limit Expenses: Pre-owned vehicles are traditionally cheaper than new vehicles. These reduced prices allow car buyers to save money by a huge margin. However, many drivers fail to realize the long-term financial benefits of choosing a pre-owned vehicle. The affects of depreciation are significantly less relevant for pre-owned buyers. As a result, buyers can make back a greater percent of the purchase price when they eventually sell the vehicle. Used vehicles are also much simpler to insure. Expect big savings on monthly auto-insurance rates after switching to a pre-owned vehicle.
The expansive inventory of Don Bohn GMC can put you in the perfect GMC, Chevrolet, or Buick. Our pre-owned vehicles pass extensive inspection and maintenance to ensure their reliability. Visit us online or dial (504) 708-4676 to learn more about our 50-year heritage of serving the New Orleans community.
Last updated 6 years ago
Whether you’re looking to purchase your first car or your fifth, the idea of automotive financing can be daunting. With so many options available today, however, financing your vehicle purchase is the best and easiest way to get behind the wheel of the new or pre-owned GMC you’ve always wanted. In fact, over two-thirds of today’s automotive purchases are made with some type of financing.
Before you visit your local GMC dealership, consider the following automotive financing tips:
- Get your credit score in order – The most important thing you can do before shopping for a new or pre-owned GMC is to get your credit score in order. To do so, simply obtain a copy of your credit report and be prepared to dispute anything unfamiliar or out of the ordinary. Credit score reports are available for free once per year from each of the three major credit bureaus.
- Secure financing – For the best deal on a new or pre-owned GMC, walk into the dealership with pre-prepared financing. There are a number of outside credit lenders that you can turn to for financing. The best part is that using outside credit doesn’t prevent you from taking advantage of special incentive offers.
- Be flexible – When turning to a dealership for automotive financing, don’t be afraid to negotiate the rate, length, and terms of your agreement. No matter what the terms of your agreement, however, the result is the same: owning the GMC car, truck, or SUV you’ve always wanted.
If you’d like more information about financing your next vehicle, then stop by Don Bohn GMC today and speak with a member of our friendly and courteous finance team. Once you’re approved for financing, it’s easy to find the automobile of your dreams thanks to our impressive inventory of new and pre-owned GMC vehicles. For more information, contact us online or dial (504) 708-4676.
Last updated 6 years ago
Thanks to attractive financing and incentive programs, it’s never been easier or more affordable to get behind the wheel of one of the most iconic SUVs of the past decade: the GMC Yukon. But, this article isn’t about how you can own the 2011 GMC Yukon—it’s about why you should:
- Unbelievable power – The 2011 Yukon comes with two available powertrain options: The first is a 5.3L, V6 engine that produces a respectable 320 horsepower and 335 pound-feet of torque; the second is a 6.2L, V8 engine with Variable Valve Timing technology that’s good for an astounding 403 hp. The 6.2L engine (available on the Denali trim) propels this 7,000 pound vehicle from zero to 60 mph in just 7.5 seconds! When properly equipped, the 2011 Yukon is capable of towing upwards of 8,400 pounds. This vehicle is so much more than your average “family hauler.”
- Unbelievable performance – The rugged, tow-ready Yukon is no slouch when it comes to the driving experience. An ultra-quiet cabin and performance suspension make for a comfortable ride, whether you’re cruising down the freeway or climbing up the side of a mountain. With a compact turning circle of just 39 feet, the new GMC Yukon is one of the most maneuverable vehicles in its class. Stop by your local GMC Dealership to experience the impressive handling, steering, and comfort of the 2011 Yukon for yourself.
- Unbelievable luxury – Although the Yukon has always been known for its power and performance capabilities, people seem to forget that it’s also one of the most comfortable and luxurious full-size SUVs on the market. In addition to the standard amenities, which include tri-zone, automatic climate control, Bluetooth, OnStar, and a premium Bose sound system, the optional Off-Road Suspension Package adds ventilated front seats and a navigation system with real-time traffic and weather alerts.
To learn more about the 2011 Yukon, visit Don Bohn GMC today. We have an impressive inventory of new and pre-owned GMC vehicles, including the all-new Yukon. If you have any questions, then contact us online or dial (504) 708-4676.
Last updated 6 years ago
Buying a new or used car is never as simple as going to a Buick GMC dealership and looking at their deals. There is a lot of research involved in buying a car if you want to get the best deal.
Buying something that is too costly to maintain is much easier to do than most people realize. A common way to do this is to take a loan over an extended period of time. Know the numbers. This includes the trade-in value of your current car, the True Market Value (TMV) of your next Buick or GMC, and a payment calculator to avoid overextending your budget.
Once you are aware of your finances, narrow down your selections by researching car ratings. There are several ways you can go about this, but you might find it helpful to start with reviews of the new 2011 Buick line and working your way downwards.
Knowing how much horsepower you want in a car can be a helpful starting point, but don’t let it blind you to choices that may better suit your needs. Usually, Hyundai and other dealers offer a whole selection of cars within a certain line with several trims and options to meet both. Ideally, try and establish a common set of criteria that you want for all your choices such as fuel efficiency, two/four-wheel drive, and the like.
After compiling a selection of possible vehicles, learn what kinds of incentives and rebates are available. Your Buick GMC dealer can help you with this, but knowing the pros and cons between your choices before committing can prevent you from some last minute waffling.
At Don Bohn Buick GMC, we have the best Buick GMC offers and service in Harvey, LA.
Call (504)708-4676 or contact us today to schedule your visit.